Landscaping Dublin, Garden Design & Build, Blackrock, County Dublin
I won this contract through a recommendation from a previous landscapers Dublin contract. On first site visit this garden consisted of a pressure treated softwood deck with a railway sleeper retainer leading up to a patchy sloping lawn with planting either side. The garden had concrete post and panel fencing either side with tall unplastered wall to the back. The aspect was due North. The neighbouring gardens had a mature evergreen Oak and Cedar, both trees were spectacular but created very dry conditions. There was no side entrance to this property so all materials would have to be brought through the house.
After surveying the site and taking plenty of pictures I sat down with the clients to discuss Garden design wish list and ideas. The following is the landscaping design list we came up with:
- Removal of deck, sleepers & complete re-design
- Low maintenance
- Synthetic grass lawn
- Cladding of surrounding concrete post and panel fence
- Creation of outdoor room
- Garden lighting
- Planting to consist, mostly of perennials
- Dedicated area for trampoline
- Clients liked one of my previous garden designs based around circles
- Good structure
- Blue limestone
- All year- round interest
- Complete within the set budget
- Protection of internal tiling and walls while work is being carried out
After a couple of weeks I returned with a scaled garden design which was accepted by the clients. The garden design was based around circles with a strong emphasis on low maintenance and provision for dry conditions. Unfortunatly the garden lighting put us over budget but I allowed for cables to be installed for future installation.
The following is the work schedule carried out to complete this Dublin landscapers contract:
- Spray lawn with translocated herbicide
- Remove existing deck/sleepers, cart to dump
- Remove soil for patio extension, Synthetic lawn and gravel circles. Re-use soil in parts, store some, and cart rest to dump
- Supply, spread and compact quarry screening sub-base for 3 circles and 2 patios
- Supply and install new fencing using 150x22mm pressure treated Scandinavian spruce boards laid vertically
- Supply and install limestone patio using 600×300 slabs, allow for mole drain at end of patio
- Supply and install 40-50cm high divide/seat using cement rendered 4” solids capped with 300x300cm brush hammered silver granite slabs to retain soil and create room effect by patio
- Supply and install edging for 3 circles using 200x100x50mm tumbled silver cobbles
- Supply and install Perfection synthetic grass lawn
- Supply and spread 50mm Greenking mulch in trampoline circle
- Supply and install 3M limestone circle using 600x300mm
- Remove turf from beds, cart to dump. Spread saved topsoil and prepare beds for planting
- Meet client at Gardenworld Nurseries, choose, deliver and plant plants
- Remove all rubbish and cart to dump
- Paint new fence with 2 coats of Ronseal ‘Pebble’
The plants were chosen at Gardenworld Nurseries with the client. The plants chosen consisted of Buxus sempervirens balls, Nandina domestica, Acer palmatum ‘Bloodgood’, Hydrangea spp., Digitalis, Armeria maratima ‘Alba’, Rosmarinus officinalis ‘Prostrata’, Lupinus ‘My Castle’, Aquilega ‘Ruby Port’, Helleborus spp., Alliums, Agapanthus ‘Tom Thumb’, Epimedium ‘Rubrum, Salviaz spp., Heuchera ‘Purple Palace.
All in all this landscaping contract went very well, apart from a few glitches with cladding of existing fence which was’nt plumb and a couple of over runs that put us over budget, the clients were happy with their newly landscaped garden.
The following is a copy of the review kindly posted on Google:
“Kevin transformed our garden. We are delighted to now have a wonderful space to enjoy as a family and when the weather isn’t great, we still have a lovely garden to look out on! Kevin created a design to suit our needs that includes new fencing, a patio area, a dividing wall leading to an artificial grass circle and of course some planting that complements our garden and suits our taste. We are really happy with the results and look forward to enjoying it for many years!”
If you require a professional landscape designer/Dublin landscape contractor, contact Kevin Baumann on 086 8198444.